In Parts I, II ,III and IV I talked about an eco-community about to bloom not far from Asheville, N.C. I shared how excited we are at the prospect of representing the eco-developers. Today, these eco-innovators, who are dotting their "i's" and crossing their "t's", provided the Forestry Report to our Firm for examination, and for our files.
I don't know how many of you are familiar with a Forestry Report, but if you get a chance to read one, don't miss the opportunity!
Here (and in posts to follow) is my "riff" on the Forestry Report. My riff plays into a few especially interesting ideas that have popped up, and might be of value to our clients, as I read the Report. For me, having the opportunity to interact with clients involved in stewardship, green-built homes, and nature connections is quite a thrill. Could be for you, too?
photo ...Forest View at Asheville Area Eco-Community
"RIFF" on FORESTRY REPORT. . . SOILS
- "Three primary soil types exist on the property and all are well suited for timber production."
NOW..I'm thinking about a client of ours, a young man who longs to selectively cut and mill the wood for his home. Since the Forestry Report states that the soil is "well suited for timber production"...
I am wondering:
- Would the eco-developers consider setting aside certain areas of the Conservation Trust acreage (about 800 acres) adjacent to the conservation neighborhood for that purpose ?
- Could this expand the live-work aspect of the community and the scope of the conservation neighborhood?
- Could it be an attractive feature and benefit for the eco-community?
- Could it be a "plus" to mill and provide lumber from the acreage for green-built homes as part of this eco-community ?
We will be meeting with the eco-developers today, and will let you know what they say...so stay tuned!...
in the meantime, what do you think about the possibilities for our clients?
PROUD TO SAY WE JUST LISTED THIS! Details here.
Copyright © 2008 All Rights Reserved Asheville ECO Real Estate: Trends, Legacies & The Home Place Subscribe to Greenolina's "Green Wheels" BLOG and keep those creative wheels a turnin'
Your Home for Today and Tomorrow- Smart UP-Fitting
GO HERE - for Tips & Talking Points.
Home Decorating, New Space Design
"Helpful starting points for talking about and designing
a functional and BEAUTIFUL lifelong home."
Asheville NC Real Estate Journal for RESOPURCES & REFERRALS -Mountain Homes and Land Legacies- Asheville 1031 Realty© 2014. Designations: NAR GREEN®, EcoBroker®, Eco Certified ®Real Estate Consultant, ePRO®. Unauthorized reproduction of any information including photos and graphics on this site is a violation of existing copyright laws. All rights reserved.
he Necessary Disclaimer! We disclaim liability for damages or losses, direct or indirect that may result from use of or reliance on, information contained in the blog or for accuracy of comments or opinions of visitors to our blogs.
* INFORMED CHOICES* THOUGHTFUL ADVICE* DATA INTERPRETATION*
-Tell us what is most important to you-
Email me janeAnne365@gmail.com or give a call at: 828-776-0779