The American Institute of Architects (AIA) recently instituted a "GreenSteps" initiative with a series of instructive videos available for architects, other professionals and the public.
"There's been a lot of talk about changes in our climate lately. CO2 emissions, dwindling resources, and energy usage are growing concerns in every walk of life, " a spokesperson for the organization reported.
" AIA Architects, in particular, want to address those concerns. We strongly believe that the time for talk has passed, and now it is time to walk the walk. "
Living here in Asheville, NC, where real estate professionals and our clients more and more are in the know, and are demanding green-excellence in housing opportunities, I could guess that nowhere is that green-excellence more visible than right here in our fair city.
Certainly, the local Asheville, AIA Chapter actively is seeking to " work together to address issues of concern for our region such as historic preservation, smart growth, sustainability, green building, affordable housing and more."
** Here in Asheville, we have seen that sustainable design makes an impressive difference. We have also seen that it is important to feel knowledgeable and confident when exploring the Green issues including costs and design.
Many of the purveyors of green-excellence here in Asheville consider an historic effort by the American Institute of Architects, a boon. It comes in the form of a series of videos now available online called, " Green Architecture Resources for Clients." Researching these webpages I found information on
1) costs, including information about tax breaks and rebates, lower construction costs, reducing or eliminating the need for heating and air-conditioning equipment and the associated costs of purchase, maintenance and electricity, and on cutting energy and water bills by as much as half-
3) ROI tables where you can share the © GREENandSAVE RIO tables
with other people via the code provided.
...good info if you are interested in planning new buildings or the renovation of existing buildings-and have "green concerns". . .
- Greenstep 1: Water Conservation - already posted.
- Greenstep 2: Smart Controls - already posted.
- Greenstep 3: Radiant Heating and Cooling - already posted.
- Greenstep 4: Vegetation for Sun Control - already posted.
- Greenstep 5: The Whole Building Approach - already posted.
- Greenstep 6: Green Tags - already posted.
- Greenstep 7: Energy Modeling - September 29
- Greenstep 8: Green Roofs - October 13
- Greenstep 9: Daylighting - October 27
- Greenstep 10: Choosing Green Materials - November 10
- Greenstep 11: Carbon Offsets - November 24
- Greenstep 12: Deconstruction - December 8
Read GREENOLINA'S news about mountain and valley neighborhoods, real estate, local day trips, picnics, and ecotourist attractions you'll appreciate. Curious aboutgreen building, remodeling and eco-communities ? ...Subscribe to Greenolina's "Green Wheels" BLOG.
(*)/'(*) .......... ............and always remember that " poets are soldiers that liberate words from the steadfast possession of definition." -Eli Khamarov ....... We are in a sustainable world, so grab hold of your Muse... dream that world... and make it happen!. ......................... .............
The American Institute of Architects "GreenStep" Initiative. The Eco-Steward Firm, ALL Eco-Certified® Real Estate Consultants! Copyright © 2008 All Rights Reserved.
Your Home for Today and Tomorrow- Smart UP-Fitting
GO HERE - for Tips & Talking Points.
Home Decorating, New Space Design
"Helpful starting points for talking about and designing
a functional and BEAUTIFUL lifelong home."
Asheville NC Real Estate Journal for RESOPURCES & REFERRALS -Mountain Homes and Land Legacies- Asheville 1031 Realty© 2014. Designations: NAR GREEN®, EcoBroker®, Eco Certified ®Real Estate Consultant, ePRO®. Unauthorized reproduction of any information including photos and graphics on this site is a violation of existing copyright laws. All rights reserved.
he Necessary Disclaimer! We disclaim liability for damages or losses, direct or indirect that may result from use of or reliance on, information contained in the blog or for accuracy of comments or opinions of visitors to our blogs.
* INFORMED CHOICES* THOUGHTFUL ADVICE* DATA INTERPRETATION*
-Tell us what is most important to you-
Email me janeAnne@janeAnne.com or give a call at: 828-776-0779