Here in Asheville, NC, it's a fact: Going Green adds value to real estate sales. Consumer demand is driving green retrofits. If you desire to "GreenUP" in your town, but don't know where to start, take JT's advice:
Get educated and pass information along to neighbors.( It's a good feeling to know that this information can improve the quality of their lives.)
- Get educated and pass information along to neighbors.( It's a good feeling to know that this information can improve the quality of their lives.)
- Consider replacing your old appliances with Energy Star® appliances. (You can donate the old appliances to habitat for Humanity.)
- Paint with NO VOC Earth Paint or Low VOC Paint. (It sure smells better- totally eliminates or reduces toxic fumes- and brightens up your home.)
- Consider renewable resource building products like bamboo flooring.
- Spend sprucing up your yard with native plants.
Sellers can appeal to buyers when they "GreenUP! " This does not have to be a huge, ungainly endeavor. There are many shades of green that affect wellness and tap into natural, social, economic and personal capital.
The levels of attraction, commitment and motivation toward designing and maintaining sustainable homes may vary, and not only sellers and/or buyers , but the neighborhood (and all of us) can benefit.
If you would like a list of GREEN and GREENING UP neighborhoods, let me know.
(*)/'(*) .......... ............" We are on the roll for sustainable innovation." Unauthorized reproduction of any information on this site is a violation of existing copyright laws. All rights reserved. - Eco-Friendly Mountain Homes and Land Legacies-Asheville NC Real Estate Demand= Value Added When You "GreenUp" Your Real Estate Property for Sale© 2010.
Your Home for Today and Tomorrow- Smart UP-Fitting
GO HERE - for Tips & Talking Points.
Home Decorating, New Space Design
"Helpful starting points for talking about and designing
a functional and BEAUTIFUL lifelong home."
Asheville NC Real Estate Journal for RESOPURCES & REFERRALS -Mountain Homes and Land Legacies- Asheville 1031 Realty© 2014. Designations: NAR GREEN®, EcoBroker®, Eco Certified ®Real Estate Consultant, ePRO®. Unauthorized reproduction of any information including photos and graphics on this site is a violation of existing copyright laws. All rights reserved.
he Necessary Disclaimer! We disclaim liability for damages or losses, direct or indirect that may result from use of or reliance on, information contained in the blog or for accuracy of comments or opinions of visitors to our blogs.
* INFORMED CHOICES* THOUGHTFUL ADVICE* DATA INTERPRETATION*
-Tell us what is most important to you-
Email me janeAnne@janeAnne.com or give a call at: 828-776-0779