Folks have been talking real estate here in the mountains of Western North Carolina. The news is good.
When it comes to home ownership, especially "green-built" homes, and the economy both state-wide,
and in our home town of Asheville, (see photo)
North Carolina's real estate facts ( see below) support our intuition that things are moving in a positive direction.
Here are a few of those facts:
1) Six N.C. cities - Raleigh, Durham, Asheville, Wilmington, Winston-Salem and Charlotte - were among the top 20 "Best Metros" in the country for business and careers, according to Forbes. Asheville is #6
2) North Carolina recently was named the second best state in which to conduct business, according to Chief Executive magazine.
3) First-time homebuyer activity has surged. In March, first-time homebuyers accounted for 53 percent of transactions.
4) In the latest quarter, North Carolina ranked 36th in the nation for foreclosure filings, and in recent months, foreclosure filings fell significantly when compared to the same period last year.
5) Coming to Asheville, (May, 2009) the Cooperative Institute for Climate and Satellites. This is exciting! it means $32 million and perhaps as many as 100 scientific jobs - a boost to Asheville's economy and the Asheville's quest to become a hub for jobs related to weather data collection, forecasting and research.
So when our clients ask us, " How are things going in North Carolina, and in particular, how does the Asheville NC real estate market look these days? " I am happy to answer, " Most Promising!"
(*)/'(*) .......... ............to keep on rolling into the sustainable world you can create today and tomorrow!. ......................... .............with OBJECTIVE FIDUCIARY COUNSEL and ECO STEWARDS' LEARNING TOURS.Serving Asheville's First Time and Relocation LAND and Home Buyers.
Asheville First Time Home Buyers - "GREEN" Real Estate and Relocation: The Eco-Steward Firm, ALL Eco-Certified® Real Estate Consultants! Copyright © 2009 All Rights Reserved
Your Home for Today and Tomorrow- Smart UP-Fitting
GO HERE - for Tips & Talking Points.
Home Decorating, New Space Design
"Helpful starting points for talking about and designing
a functional and BEAUTIFUL lifelong home."
Asheville NC Real Estate Journal for RESOPURCES & REFERRALS -Mountain Homes and Land Legacies- Asheville 1031 Realty© 2014. Designations: NAR GREEN®, EcoBroker®, Eco Certified ®Real Estate Consultant, ePRO®. Unauthorized reproduction of any information including photos and graphics on this site is a violation of existing copyright laws. All rights reserved.
he Necessary Disclaimer! We disclaim liability for damages or losses, direct or indirect that may result from use of or reliance on, information contained in the blog or for accuracy of comments or opinions of visitors to our blogs.
* INFORMED CHOICES* THOUGHTFUL ADVICE* DATA INTERPRETATION*
-Tell us what is most important to you-
Email me janeAnne@janeAnne.com or give a call at: 828-776-0779