update: if you like this post, please subscribe to my blog! Thankyou!
In real property investing as in nature, the shades of green-to-blue are many.
Arrays of choices on the colorful Investment Spectrum could work (or not work)
to your benefit. For the 1031 investor, land investor, second or first home investor,
it pays to know about the "hues and tones" of the landscape.
Tonight I'm writing about smart moves inspired by an investor-client of mine.
In a recent conversation, he allowed as how he wanted to combine his eco-friendly dreams with "reality".
"Reality?" I exclaimed. "What's more real than a triple win? " I then opined , "That's what ya' get when you
a) invest wisely in an appreciating market, b) know what to look for in terms of healthy-built possibilities, and
c) add something positive to a community...." OK, OK--I'll admit --I am one person with lots of opinions and advice.
My first piece of advice is: Check out the trend-watchers if you want to make smart moves within that vast landscape I mentioned. I have a list of 100 Smart Moves. ...I'll post the next batch if you're interested, but let's start with these:
5 Smart from the Start "Smart Moves"
- Familiarize yourself with the "sense of place" in a community in which you plan to invest. It's important to see properties of interest in context. For example, my eco-friendly client is an avid hiker and bicyclist. A smart move for him is to take into consideration bike paths, and hiking distances. One of the first questions he had for me concerned trails, and outdoor gathering places. More and more, such amenities are showing up in developers' marketing literature. Why? Because more and more smart movers are looking for value-added points that a sustainable community racks up with today's buyers.
- Learn how to recognize value-added features. AR's own Kevin Caldwell, ecologist,gives you an excellent summary of what happens in land planning before ground is broken proving that smart moves are not only about interior features. They include exterior amenities. Ask about native vegetation. Ask AR's David Britt about rain gardens. Discover green ways, and water-wise systems.
- Find out all you can about energy efficiencymortgages,(EEMs). AR's Mary Bigelow knows all about them. Get really clued-in on high performance buildings, , Energy Star-rated appliances and energy efficient interiors.
- Consult with an Eco savvy REALTOR®. When you get this person on your team, you benefit from her in-depth education on important matters including those indoor and outdoor features I just mentioned. Smart moves for today and tomorrow mean taking into account sustainable design and construction. Sustainability means increased value.
- Review the following Resources Links for a rapid overview from "A" to "Z" on everything from asbestos to Energy Star guidelines, LEED certification, Healthy-Built homes, Home Energy Ratings, "Low-E" windows, Low VOC paints, water management, and zero waste.
LET ME KNOW if you want to get another 5 or so "Smart Moves.
"Subscribe to Your Favorite BLOGS, Comment & Bring Your 'Energy' to the Posts You Read"
Your Home for Today and Tomorrow- Smart UP-Fitting
GO HERE - for Tips & Talking Points.
Home Decorating, New Space Design
"Helpful starting points for talking about and designing
a functional and BEAUTIFUL lifelong home."
Asheville NC Real Estate Journal for RESOPURCES & REFERRALS -Mountain Homes and Land Legacies- Asheville 1031 Realty© 2014. Designations: NAR GREEN®, EcoBroker®, Eco Certified ®Real Estate Consultant, ePRO®. Unauthorized reproduction of any information including photos and graphics on this site is a violation of existing copyright laws. All rights reserved.
he Necessary Disclaimer! We disclaim liability for damages or losses, direct or indirect that may result from use of or reliance on, information contained in the blog or for accuracy of comments or opinions of visitors to our blogs.
* INFORMED CHOICES* THOUGHTFUL ADVICE* DATA INTERPRETATION*
-Tell us what is most important to you-
Email me janeAnne@janeAnne.com or give a call at: 828-776-0779