I've talked/written about the how focusing on a particular market niche can work for you as a real estate professional. In an earlier post I even asked specialists to tell me your experience and/or expectations about results might be expected and what really works for you…I wondered about what rewards would show up,and on what levels you found them...
I made a list the other day of real estate specialists. I've added a few since then:
Income properties, condos , second/vacation homes,
resort properties, “upscale” properties, luxury residences, new construction,
and those based on demographics— for example, the 55+ set.
Now I'm thinking that in the end it's all about a process for honing in on that particular speciality
that works well with you . . .and what YOU yourself prize and value including in your life. SOI began exploring the "how to" of getting there ...and I've found some very direct steps!
- Step One:
Take 20 minutes to write down..
AS THEY COME TO YOU…
what your favorite things to do ARE…
(Try to get about 100 or more.)
- Step Two
Retrieve your list of 100 Favorite Things to DO
…and prioritize it.
This should take you about half an hour.
Here is the first section of my example list, prioritized:
1. Learning new things that interest me
2. Working on team projects
3. Creating healthy living spaces
4. Being part of a group of people interested in quality of life and community
5. Saving waterfalls and viewsheds
6. Holding a safe place for tons of $$$$ while having FUN
7. Exploring back roads
8. Finding out how I could possibly walk the Appalachian Trail
9. Sitting around with my friends looking at the sunset from my porch
10. Walking in nature
11. Dabbling in writing poetry
12. Doing HUGE canvases in broad stokes in fast-drying acrylic...
like this one I created not too long ago
- Step 3. Check out this personality quiz… Maybe the fact that you can find it at “OK CUPID”…
will bring the " romance " back in to your real estate practice. =)
Check it HERE
Copyright © 2006 All Rights Reserved Asheville ECO Real Estate: Trends, Legacies & The Home Place Greenolina
Your Home for Today and Tomorrow- Smart UP-Fitting
GO HERE - for Tips & Talking Points.
Home Decorating, New Space Design
"Helpful starting points for talking about and designing
a functional and BEAUTIFUL lifelong home."
Asheville NC Real Estate Journal for RESOPURCES & REFERRALS -Mountain Homes and Land Legacies- Asheville 1031 Realty© 2014. Designations: NAR GREEN®, EcoBroker®, Eco Certified ®Real Estate Consultant, ePRO®. Unauthorized reproduction of any information including photos and graphics on this site is a violation of existing copyright laws. All rights reserved.
he Necessary Disclaimer! We disclaim liability for damages or losses, direct or indirect that may result from use of or reliance on, information contained in the blog or for accuracy of comments or opinions of visitors to our blogs.
* INFORMED CHOICES* THOUGHTFUL ADVICE* DATA INTERPRETATION*
-Tell us what is most important to you-
Email me janeAnne@janeAnne.com or give a call at: 828-776-0779