Rainwater harvesting, permaculture, edible landscape design, and abundant common green space is evident in the plans at The ECO Villages at Crest Mountain in Asheville, NC...and I am excited about the prospect.
As CLINT LASHER says : " Asheville understands and supports sustainable strategies in so many ways. It has a been a long time coming for developers to get on board with this mind set. Our business model of affordable price points, environmentally friendly design, proximity to Asheville, community amenities, and breathtaking views of Asheville and Blue Ridge Mountains has lead to 13 sales in 2010. Our LEED registered community is underway in Asheville.
This is very exciting new, indeed...and worth sharing. Congratulations to the Villages at Crest Mountain and Project Manager, CLINT LASHER who along wiht his pal, Murphy, brings zest to the project.
We have already taken steps to assure sustainability at the Villages. And we are proud of the way the Project is coming together. Here in Asheville it is a Project that has generated a great deal of interest.
Right from the start (see photo of land and view as we began the project) we asked Chuck Marsh to come on board as our Permaculture expert, and committed to implementing the latest green technologies, including photovoltaic panels and rainwater harvesting on a development-wide scale.
Our home models in a range of styles and prices all must be NC Healthy Built and Energy Star Certified. We have
- made sustainability a core part of our vision
- created ways for residents at the Villages at Crest Mountain to get involved in community activities
- set realistic goals and plan, with the input of our neighbors in the community, to evolve and grow over time
- made building decisions in terms of energy efficiency
- pursued and met the requirements to be a U.S. Green Building Council LEED® for Neighborhood Development™ registered-project.
- grounded the Villages at Crest Mountain in respect for nature and natural surroundings: Wildlife conservation and restoring habitat diversity, rainwater harvesting, edible landscape design, and there is abundant common green space
Mention my pal MURPHY
and do Let me know what you think...
Call or email me for a personal tour of Asheville's Landmark Intentional Community.
Your Home for Today and Tomorrow- Smart UP-Fitting
GO HERE - for Tips & Talking Points.
Home Decorating, New Space Design
"Helpful starting points for talking about and designing
a functional and BEAUTIFUL lifelong home."
Asheville NC Real Estate Journal for RESOPURCES & REFERRALS -Mountain Homes and Land Legacies- Asheville 1031 Realty© 2014. Designations: NAR GREEN®, EcoBroker®, Eco Certified ®Real Estate Consultant, ePRO®. Unauthorized reproduction of any information including photos and graphics on this site is a violation of existing copyright laws. All rights reserved.
he Necessary Disclaimer! We disclaim liability for damages or losses, direct or indirect that may result from use of or reliance on, information contained in the blog or for accuracy of comments or opinions of visitors to our blogs.
* INFORMED CHOICES* THOUGHTFUL ADVICE* DATA INTERPRETATION*
-Tell us what is most important to you-
Email me janeAnne@janeAnne.com or give a call at: 828-776-0779