Heirloom Organic Tomato Prepares for Takeoff -Asheville Style
Asheville Real Estate Journal- Organic Farming
Interested in research and extension programs dedicated to the development of sustainable and organic production systems for herbs, vegetables, and a wide variety of specialty crops, and to providing support to farmers in the Asheville, Western North Carolina (WNC) area?
Then you will want to know more about Dr. Jeanine Davis, Associate Professor in the Department of Horticultural Science at North Carolina State University. Dr. Davis focuses her research on a subject that is also of great interest to many of my real estate clients here in Asheville NC.
As a REALTOR® involved for these past many years in stewardship of land, small family (organic) farmland, and eco-friendly real estate market here in Asheville, it is exciting to see this work unfold. Our hopes are high that the number of WNC farmers producing for this specialty crops industry increases.
If you are and/or you or desire to become an organic farmer interested in exploring options for farmers in the Asheville area - possibly experimenting with new crops which could lead to supplemental income,
here are some links you will not want to overlook!
- Farm Prosperity Project - Helpful decision making tools, production information, surveys, and presentations pertaining to choosing new crops and farmland protection.
- NC Organic- An organic agriculture internet resource for North Carolina farmers.
- NC Specialty Crops - A resource for farmers, entrepreneurs and consumers within the specialty crops market.
- Medicinal Herbs for Commerce - Information on growing and selling medicinal herbs in North Carolina.
- NC Medicinal Herbs - North Carolina Consortium on Natural Medicines. Information on herbs for consumers, health professionals and growers.
- WNC Forest Producers Marketing Project - Information on local forest products producers (timber and non-timber) and resources for them.
- WNC Natural Products Project- Resources from many local organizations supporting the WNC industry.
___________________________________________________________________ xo __
(*)/'(*) ________Asheville NC Real Estate Journal. Mountain Homes and Land Legacies- - Asheville NC Real Estate © 2011. : NAR GREEN®, EcoBroker®, Eco Certified ®Real Estate Consultant. ASHEVILLE-STYLE-Heirloom Organic Tomato Prepares for Takeoff .Unauthorized reproduction of any information including photos on this site is a violation of existing copyright laws. All rights reserved. Eco-Friendly Mountain Homes and Land Legacies- - Asheville NC Real Estate © 2011. ________________________________________________________________________
Your Home for Today and Tomorrow- Smart UP-Fitting
GO HERE - for Tips & Talking Points.
Home Decorating, New Space Design
"Helpful starting points for talking about and designing
a functional and BEAUTIFUL lifelong home."
Asheville NC Real Estate Journal for RESOPURCES & REFERRALS -Mountain Homes and Land Legacies- Asheville 1031 Realty© 2014. Designations: NAR GREEN®, EcoBroker®, Eco Certified ®Real Estate Consultant, ePRO®. Unauthorized reproduction of any information including photos and graphics on this site is a violation of existing copyright laws. All rights reserved.
he Necessary Disclaimer! We disclaim liability for damages or losses, direct or indirect that may result from use of or reliance on, information contained in the blog or for accuracy of comments or opinions of visitors to our blogs.
* INFORMED CHOICES* THOUGHTFUL ADVICE* DATA INTERPRETATION*
-Tell us what is most important to you-
Email me janeAnne@janeAnne.com or give a call at: 828-776-0779