Asheville LED Lighting Free Lunch 'n Learn
There's a *free* Lunch 'n Learn happening in Asheville this week. Entitled, " Controlling LEDs To Meet Customer Expectations,"
it will take place at the LUX Lighting Showroom (81 Broadway) on the upper floor above Olive or Twist Restaurant and Bar. The program is compliments of AIA Asheville with sponsor LUX Lighting, and Lutron.
According to AIA, the learning objectives are as follows:
1. Through examination of the LED industry, the participant will be able to describe the features and benefits of LEDs as a general illumination light source, and the applications where LEDs excel to ensure operational safety and occupant productivity.
2. Studying the components of an LED system will enable the participant to explain an LED luminaire and each component involved to ensure effective and safe operation.
3. By examining existing control types and standards, the participant will be able to identify the differences between power line, 3 wire and low voltage control.
4. Analysis of LED drivers will enable the participant to identify the differences between constant current and constant voltage drivers and which applications require which type of driver to ensure safe operation and expected performance.
This sounds like an interesting investigation into home energy use.
P.S. Here's an enLIGHTening webiste:
Your Home for Today and Tomorrow- Smart UP-Fitting
GO HERE - for Tips & Talking Points.
Home Decorating, New Space Design
"Helpful starting points for talking about and designing
a functional and BEAUTIFUL lifelong home."
Asheville NC Real Estate Journal for RESOPURCES & REFERRALS -Mountain Homes and Land Legacies- Asheville 1031 Realty© 2014. Designations: NAR GREEN®, EcoBroker®, Eco Certified ®Real Estate Consultant, ePRO®. Unauthorized reproduction of any information including photos and graphics on this site is a violation of existing copyright laws. All rights reserved.
he Necessary Disclaimer! We disclaim liability for damages or losses, direct or indirect that may result from use of or reliance on, information contained in the blog or for accuracy of comments or opinions of visitors to our blogs.
* INFORMED CHOICES* THOUGHTFUL ADVICE* DATA INTERPRETATION*
-Tell us what is most important to you-
Email me janeAnne@janeAnne.com or give a call at: 828-776-0779