SO... life is good. Today I got a "wish" list from an eco-savvy client longing to relocate to Asheville where the vocal demand for Asheville Green Real Estate and HealthyBuilt® Homes definitely is on the rise. You should know that when clients relocate to Asheville, we always ask them to provide a list of their Top 10 Must Haves in terms of "Green" features....
That's what arrived today...When you look at their Eco-Friendly Must Haves, you may wonder how we ever are going to be able to satisfy all these "green essentials"...
But never fear, here in "green" Asheville, where the green real estate is more and more in demand, we may surprise our clients with meeting their wishes...and YOU.
Asheville Green Real Estate "Must Haves" List
- 1. On the way in...the driveway ... unpaved and pervious
- 2. Home ... must be placed on site to minimize impact on trees and oriented with the long axis to solar south and with a 50year metal roof
- 3. Home...to be constructed from locally harvested and milled wood
- 4. Cladding... Exterior cladding must be pest and rot resistant...all cladding must be finished on the backside!
- 5. Home... Exterior walls are urethane SIPS walls R23 Roof R42, bands and open floor insulated with ieynene
- 6. Hardwood floors from old houses or old whiskey distillery within 100 miles.
- 7. Kitchen cabinets ... "Plyboo" (bamboo plywood) only!
8. Systems... 16 SEER high efficiency heat pump with sealed duct work and
- hydronic solar panels on roof to heat the domestic hot water and send excess heat through a coil in the heat pump air handler, assisting to heat the house
- 9. Naturally, we want CFL bulbs used throughout the home
- 10.And...one last thing...we want it to be placed on an urban infill site, but with abundant natural beauty . And...of course...House is WNC Healthy Built ®Energy Star® Certified
Hey! Wait a minute...that's more than 10! Not to worry...Take a look at the following stats and you will see that there are plenty of possibilities to be reviewed. . .
Asheville Green Real Estate HealthyBuilt® Homes Stats:
Total homes certified as of 03/02/08: 105
in addition, there are so many excellent green resources available in the Asheville, NC area...
Here's a short list:
RESOURCES & Green Asheville Links
Alternative Energy, HERS Raters & Home Energy Assessment
For more information visit http://www.energystar.gov/.
Copyright © 2008 All Rights Reserved Asheville ECO Real Estate: Trends, Legacies & The Home Place Greenolina
Your Home for Today and Tomorrow- Smart UP-Fitting
GO HERE - for Tips & Talking Points.
Home Decorating, New Space Design
"Helpful starting points for talking about and designing
a functional and BEAUTIFUL lifelong home."
Asheville NC Real Estate Journal for RESOPURCES & REFERRALS -Mountain Homes and Land Legacies- Asheville 1031 Realty© 2014. Designations: NAR GREEN®, EcoBroker®, Eco Certified ®Real Estate Consultant, ePRO®. Unauthorized reproduction of any information including photos and graphics on this site is a violation of existing copyright laws. All rights reserved.
he Necessary Disclaimer! We disclaim liability for damages or losses, direct or indirect that may result from use of or reliance on, information contained in the blog or for accuracy of comments or opinions of visitors to our blogs.
* INFORMED CHOICES* THOUGHTFUL ADVICE* DATA INTERPRETATION*
-Tell us what is most important to you-
Email me janeAnne@janeAnne.com or give a call at: 828-776-0779