Get Your Greens!
Your Mama may have told you, "Get Your Greens!" She probably was referring to something leafy when she said that. As an eco-adventurous REALTOR® here in Asheville, NC., you probably already guessed that I'm referring to something else- what else but homes and land?
photo courtesy of Wikipedia
So when I suggest you "Get Your Greens!" I'm talking eco-innovation in terms of the products that feed and improve the quality of your life. They come in many shapes and sizes. And the way they are "green" is varied. As the US Building Council says, " They are energy or water efficient; they use healthy, non-toxic materials; they are made from recycled or renewable sources; they make current products you use more efficient or more durable; and they are recyclable or biodegradable, among many other things."
Of course, advertising "green" or "organic" does not always mean that something is what the advertiser markets it to be. I'll write more about that later in a post on "greenwashing", but in the meantime, here's a list of resources I've checked out for real estate professionals and our clients. Possibly you canuse it to shed some light on what shade of "green" your intended product IS.
• OIKOS: One of my personal favorites, out of Bend, Oregon, this site offers Green product information and lots more. . .
• GrenSpec Directory "Lists product descriptions for over 2,000 environmentally preferable products."
• GREEN BUILDING PAGES "A sustainable building materials database and design tool for the environmentally and socially responsible designer, builder and client."
• GREEN2GREEN "Free environmental and practical data about any Green-Building Material or practice."
• THE GREEN GUIDE. From National Geographic ( with caveats) .
• GOOD TO BE GREEN . Find product information and people here.
Copyright © 2008 All Rights Reserved Asheville ECO Real Estate: Trends, Legacies & The Home Place Greenolina
Your Home for Today and Tomorrow- Smart UP-Fitting
GO HERE - for Tips & Talking Points.
Home Decorating, New Space Design
"Helpful starting points for talking about and designing
a functional and BEAUTIFUL lifelong home."
Asheville NC Real Estate Journal for RESOPURCES & REFERRALS -Mountain Homes and Land Legacies- Asheville 1031 Realty© 2014. Designations: NAR GREEN®, EcoBroker®, Eco Certified ®Real Estate Consultant, ePRO®. Unauthorized reproduction of any information including photos and graphics on this site is a violation of existing copyright laws. All rights reserved.
he Necessary Disclaimer! We disclaim liability for damages or losses, direct or indirect that may result from use of or reliance on, information contained in the blog or for accuracy of comments or opinions of visitors to our blogs.
* INFORMED CHOICES* THOUGHTFUL ADVICE* DATA INTERPRETATION*
-Tell us what is most important to you-
Email me janeAnne@janeAnne.com or give a call at: 828-776-0779