FYI- DURABILITY:: Green-built homes are constructed to last for more than a hundred years.
(Here's a photo I took of "tree houses" each beautifully constructed and on a small footprint. No wonder these days more and more I'm hearing...'green is Beautiful!' )
WHAT DO HOME BUYERS EXPECT?
- Expect not only durability, but increased energy efficiency, the use of building materials from local or regional resources...
- Expect attention to eco-friendly design, environmentally sustainable building practices, site sensitivity and craftsmanship whether a residential property, new construction or remodel utilizes passive energy-saving principles or emerging green technologies.
- Expect lower utility ,heating and cooling bills, better indoor air quality and the comfort of knowing that the home has passed rigorous inspections by objective professionals.
- Expect decreased maintenance, indoor air pollutants, and long term costs. By the way, if you view upfront costs as an investment those costs will pay for themselves in lower energy and water bills, tax and insurance credits and reduced repair needs.
FYI- COSTS:: Are costs a deterrent in terms of the green-built home? Honestly, take a closer look at the cost. You'll find that price increases generally are only a few percentage points higher. And client demand is fast lowering those points as green practices become increasingly ainstream.
Many of the homes in this report are HeatlhyBuilt® Homes with Energy Star® ratings
GREEN Residential Market -Green-Built Homes Sold YTD in Asheville, NC
Green-Built and Energy Star Rated Homes Sold: Jan-Jun,2008 : 18
Price Range: $122,000 to $715,000
Average Days on Market: About 3 months
Sq. Ft: 850 to 2600
Just so you know...there is a huge demand for Green-Built Homes in the Greater Asheville Area... here's a quick peek at new (green/eco-friendly) construction CURRENT Green Market stats...
Current :: GREEN Residential Market -Green-Built Homes Listings in Asheville, NC
Green-Built and Energy Star Rated Homes: 197
Price Range: $150,000. to $1.5M +
Sq. Ft: 850 to 3,300
FYI:: Look for some or all of these Elements in a Green Home and Eco-community. . .Solar Orientation. . .
Stormwater Management Systems and Planning. . .Attention to Footprint Size . . .Recycling and Careful use of Local Materials.... Rain Catchment Systems. . .Solar Power. . .Tight Building Envelope. . .Durable roofing . . .Landscaping- sustainable design-drought resistant xeriscaping...all with an emphasis on Sustainable Community. . .
FYI:: Clients more and more are demanding energy efficient properties. They love the idea of green-built investment properties as the sustainability factor means excellent ROI. Green builders and/or remodelers for multi-family properties are much needed. Let me know if you can help out. All Statistics are gathered from the Greater Asheville Area MLS and Association of REALTORS®.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by The Activerain Network and it's members and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of janeAnne "Greenolina" http://activerain.com/janeanne Broker/Owner of The ECO-Steward Real Estate Firm www.EcoStweardRealty.com which is not responsible for the accuracy or content provided by The Community.
Your Home for Today and Tomorrow- Smart UP-Fitting
GO HERE - for Tips & Talking Points.
Home Decorating, New Space Design
"Helpful starting points for talking about and designing
a functional and BEAUTIFUL lifelong home."
Asheville NC Real Estate Journal for RESOPURCES & REFERRALS -Mountain Homes and Land Legacies- Asheville 1031 Realty© 2014. Designations: NAR GREEN®, EcoBroker®, Eco Certified ®Real Estate Consultant, ePRO®. Unauthorized reproduction of any information including photos and graphics on this site is a violation of existing copyright laws. All rights reserved.
he Necessary Disclaimer! We disclaim liability for damages or losses, direct or indirect that may result from use of or reliance on, information contained in the blog or for accuracy of comments or opinions of visitors to our blogs.
* INFORMED CHOICES* THOUGHTFUL ADVICE* DATA INTERPRETATION*
-Tell us what is most important to you-
Email me janeAnne@janeAnne.com or give a call at: 828-776-0779