Asheville's primary community development goal is to "preserve and increase the supply of workforce/affordable housing so that decent, safe housing is available in Asheville for people of all income levels."
As Eco Certified ®Real Estate Consultants, today, keeping the above statement in mind, the "E-Team" at our Firm has been checking around to see what's out there for first-time home buyers. We are looking to see if we can find several single residential properties that could meet the needs of (for example) a schoolteacher with a young child. Here are a couple one of our Brokers found right off the bat:
- "... a new starter home with large living area and spacious kitchen. Dining area features french doors to back yard. Neutral colors throughout and all kitchen appliances provided. Large master suite with nice walk in closet. solid new home in convenient location - a great opportunity for first time buyers."( $159,000)
- "...a darling new bungalow with nice covered front porch and cedar siding. Open living, dining and kitchen areas with wood laminate. Large master suite with views. All kitchen appliances included. The convenient location and great price make this an excellent starter home. " ($165,000)
Noted: "BRING AN OFFER" is a prevalent remark ...HMMM! something to think about. . .
Now, looking to 2009 opportunities for workforce housingin Asheville, NC, we are keeping an eye out for the disposition and The Eagle-Market Street Redevelopment site where a 10-story building with 46 for-sale residential units over 3,600 square feet of retail space and 27 on-site parking spaces close to the center of town is proposed.
According to City officials, among the goals of re-development are:
• Increasing housing opportunities for a diversity of residents, including those earning less than area median income.
• Activating currently under-utilized areas to further strengthen Asheville's economy.
• Supporting sustainable developmentpractices that include mixed-uses, multi-modal transportation opportunities and efficient use of existing resources.
• Supporting projects that will include a number of environmentally sensitive design features and the use of LEED standards. .
• Seeking high standards and best utilization of public assets.
• Incorporating vibrant public spaces into developments.
• Promoting living and working in downtown.
Interesting to watch how what we set out as objectives can become trends. In the consumer-driven area of sustainable development and affordable housing, we are thinking "trend"! How about you?
Curious about sustainable workforce housing? Subscribe to Greenolina's "Green Wheels" BLOG.
The opinions expressed by the Activerain Network and it's members and those providing commentsare theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of janeAnne "Greenolina" http://activerain.com/janeanne Broker/Owner of The ECO-Steward Real Estate Firm www.EcoStweardRealty.com which is not responsible for the accuracy or content provided by The Community.
Your Home for Today and Tomorrow- Smart UP-Fitting
GO HERE - for Tips & Talking Points.
Home Decorating, New Space Design
"Helpful starting points for talking about and designing
a functional and BEAUTIFUL lifelong home."
Asheville NC Real Estate Journal for RESOPURCES & REFERRALS -Mountain Homes and Land Legacies- Asheville 1031 Realty© 2014. Designations: NAR GREEN®, EcoBroker®, Eco Certified ®Real Estate Consultant, ePRO®. Unauthorized reproduction of any information including photos and graphics on this site is a violation of existing copyright laws. All rights reserved.
he Necessary Disclaimer! We disclaim liability for damages or losses, direct or indirect that may result from use of or reliance on, information contained in the blog or for accuracy of comments or opinions of visitors to our blogs.
* INFORMED CHOICES* THOUGHTFUL ADVICE* DATA INTERPRETATION*
-Tell us what is most important to you-
Email me janeAnne@janeAnne.com or give a call at: 828-776-0779